Margot & Vincent's Hands

Margot & Vincent's Hands
Me and my Prescious Son

Friday, May 7, 2010

The Four Agreements

My dear son, Vincent:  As you know I've been writing Diaries to you since the day I found out I was expecting you, over 21 years ago now.  I thought it might be nice to put down all those things I wrote down and other thoughts and information that may help you in your life journey. I've had a very adventurous life, not in the way most people think of adventure.  I've traveled within the country a little, but mostly it's just my experiences I consider adventures.  Life is an adventure, and some have more than others!  I'm going to start with an excerpt from a book by: Don Miguel Ruiz, my Counselor gave this to me and I am hooked, these are definitely words to live by:


THE FOUR AGREEMENTS

BE IMPECCABLE WITH YOUR WORD

~Speak with integrity.  Say only what you mean.
~Avoid using the word to speak against yourself 
or to gossip about others.  Use the power of your
word in the direction of truth and love.

DON'T TAKE ANYTHING PERSONALLY 

~Nothing others do is because of you.  What
others say and do is a projection of their own
reality, their own dream.  When you are immune
to the opinions and actions of others, you wont
be the victim of needless suffering.

DON'T MAKE ASSUMPTIONS 

~Find the courage to ask questions and to express
what you really want.  
~Communicate with others as clearly as you can
to avoid misunderstandings, sadness, and drama.
With just this one agreement, you can completely
transform your life.

ALWAYS DO YOUR BEST 

~Your best is going to change from moment to
moment;  it will be different when you are healthy
as opposed to sick.  Under any circumstance,
simply do your best, and you will avoid self-
judgment, self-abuse, and regret. 


What I find exceptionally ironic about this, and I'm sure you heard it too:
Some of those things, I've said to you and some you've said to me!  You've always
been such an intelligent and wise young man and you've taught me alot.  I just pray I've taught you some too!
I will attempt to help you along your individual road, honey and pray some of it will be helpful to you on that journey! 





All my Love Forever,
Mom
To be continued..... 

No comments:

Post a Comment